The Coronavirus is taking the world by storm at the moment and people are rightly panicked. At the time of writing the virus is still in the exponential growth phase and we are unsure as to when it will peter out. Presumably it will as did SARS, MERS, Spanish Flu and Ebola. Let's hope sooner rather than later.
However viruses, bacteria and fungi have been around since the dawn of the Earth and will be there at the end. They have a role to play in the symbiotic functioning of a balanced world. So there's really no escaping them. The best thing we can do is to boost our immunity so that we avoid getting viruses or if we do, we can shake them off as soon as possible with minimal discomfort. How do we do this?
Part 1: Introduce Nutritionally Dense Foods into Your Diet
The number one way to build a strong immune system is to give your body the best nutrition you can and avoid foods with empty calories devoid of micronutrients and loaded with toxins. In part 1 today in this vlog we'll be addressing:
- which food contains 7 times more Vitamin C than blueberries
- which food contains 50% of your daily micronutrient needs in only 100g
- which food is basically mother nature's multivitamin pill
- how the right type of food preparation can increase gut health, amplification of micronutirents and bioavailability
- what's the body's number 1 antioxidant that every doctor should know about and how to boost it naturally
Part 2: Avoid Energy Draining Foods and Toxicity
In Part 2 we're going to look at a whole bunch of foods that are going to do your immune system no favours at all if you are consuming them regularly. We'll be answering questions such as...
- which food looks molecularly more like plastic under the microscope than real food?
- how are chronic alcohol exposure and sugar correlated?
- which foods are particularly problematic for Singaporeans?
- which drink tells your immune system to turn off?
Links discussed in this video
Part 3: Primal Pattern Diet Typing
Here we’re covering how macronutrient ratios (fats🥑, carbs🍞 and protein🥩) can affect your immune system’s efficiency.
We love this topic as it’s rarely discussed but oh so critical. We call it Primal Pattern Diet Typing which is a CHEK Institute protocol based on William L. Wolcott's (the godfather of metabolic typing) work.
We’ll take a look at the 5 key elements of PPDT…
5. common sense
…and how getting it wrong can lead to parasite and fungal infections, bacterial overgrowths, sympathetic dominance, stress and anxiety and ultimately immune system suppression.
Part 4: Summary and Bonus
In part 4 in our series on boosting immunity we turn the spotlight away from nutrition and onto the other key elements of health, happiness and longevity that are essential for keeping your immune system in tip top shape.
- which type of exercise helps boost white blood cell production
- what simple, and free, technique can boost Natural Killer cells that provide a rapid response to virus-infected cells
- how much does sleep impact the production of antibodies in responses to viruses
- what 3 compounds we can get for free that boost our immune systems
Links mentioned in this video...
- lymphatic drainage https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alexandermearns_do-you-suffer-from-insomnia-stress-digestive-activity-6432790790317137920-pHfn/
- exercise J curve and immunity https://www.precisionnutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/J-curve_diagram-01-800x572.png
- effect of rhythmic breathing on immune functions https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16387692
- how deep breathing techniques can boost your immune system https://www.thebreatheffect.com/immune-system-breathing-techniques/
- sleep and antibody response to hepatitis b vaccination https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3397812/
- all about hydration and water quality https://www.levitise.com.sg/singapore-water-filters-fluoride/
- how to remedy insomnia and sleep disorders https://www.levitise.com.sg/how-to-remedy-insomnia-and-sleep-disorders
- get in touch for a free nutrition infographic https://www.levitise.com.sg/contact-us/
So that's it for our 4 part of our special on Boosting Immunity with Nutrition. We hope you've enjoyed this series!
To your, health, happiness and longevity,
The Levitise Team
P.S. If you love this blog post then do check out our fortnightly newsletter where you'll get the freshest content on health, nutrition and fitness delivered straight to your inbox. Don't miss out and sign up here with just your name and email.